These are delicious!!!!!! I needed a quick, easy, healthy breakfast on my way to a doctor's appointment. I had a very ripe avocado, some feta getting close to expiration, and grape tomatoes that had been in the fridge for a while. So I went on Pinterest and found a recipe on She Knows Food & Recipes for Baked Avocados. It was super easy and great for what I had on hand.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh vegetables (I used tomato and garlic)
- 2 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed. Add 1 tablespoon filling per avocado half. Depending on the size of your avocados, you may have to add a little more or less.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese, a little panko breadcrumbs and some salt and pepper.
- Broil on high for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the avocado is warm.
It was delightful to eat with a spoon! I was very full but wanted another one, it tasted so good!